- How one reacts in the first 5 minutes of a crisis is crucial because the average ambulance response time in the United States is from 6 to 15 minutes
- Drowning isn't seasonal; it occurs year round, 70% of the time within homes
- Children can drown in as little as 1 inch of water
- Brain damage will most likely occur in a child due to oxygen loss after 5 minutes and brain death occurs after 6 minutes
- Children'sbodies respond much quicker to CPR due to size and weight
- If you only retain 20% of a maneuver and apply that to a child in crisis you have an 80% chance of saving their life
* Doing something is better than doing nothing!